Qualification stages to final stage are not an obligation yet if all pilots could fly all around the day according to the following rules bellow **
5.1 Practice flights
- Practice flights are not organised yet at the beginning of the event.
- If the circuit is available and accessible the day before the contest, any pilot may fly some practice runs only if the Sportive Director or the club responsible agree.
- The internal club rules as well for fly and security must be followed by the pilot. If they aren’t, its practice runs may be forbidden.
5.4 Qualification stage
There is no qualification stage anymore. Pilots will fly all around the day as defined bellow **
5.5 Elimination stage
There is no elimination stage anymore. Pilots will fly all around the day as defined bellow **
5.6 Final stage
There is no final stage anymore. Pilots will fly all around the day as defined bellow **
** All day flying stages at Belgian F3U Championship 2017
1. Pilots are mixed by 4 in each heat, as well in Open as in Starter serie.
2. Pilots will fly a number of laps determined by the Sportive Director (or the Race Director). Laps will be determined to have a flying time of around 2 minutes. – The final time is take into account for each pilot. – When the first heat have been flown by each pilot, the recorded time will determine a temporary ranking. – If the pilot crashed, the penalty default result will be 4’00 6’00. – If the pilot doesn’t finished the allowed turns after flying 3’00 4’00, the default result will be 3’00 4’00.
3. After 4 completed heats, a global temporary ranking is determined in each category (Open and Starter) This ranking will summarize the 2 best timed results. This means that each pilot may crashed one time or have one bad result.
4. A new repartition of the pilots may be organized according to the temporary ranking (heats 1 to 3).
5. When 3 new completed heats (4 to 6) are flown, a new temporary ranking is determined again in each category (Open and Starter) – The same penalties (as determined at §2.) and the worst of the 3 all flown heats is deleted. – The sum of the 2 best heats (4 to 6) + the previous 2 best heats (1 to 3) according to the table here bellow will give the new temporary ranking.
Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4 Round 5 Total Flown heat(s) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Total Scrapped heat(s) 0 0 1 1 1 2 2 2 3 3 3 4 4 4 5 Total Best counted heats(s) 1 2 2 3 4 4 5 6 6 7 8 8 9 10 10
6. A 2nd repartition of the pilots will be organized according to the new temporary ranking (best 2 heats 1 to 3 + best 2 heat 4 to 6).
7. These heats and organization will continue on the same rules every 3 completed heats till the end of the day. In case of crashes, please see points 6.3, 6.4 and 6.5 of FAI rules (+ additional datas here bellow)
- After each heat, the best time between all pilots of each Open and Starter serie equal to 100. The 2nd will receive ratio between its final time and the 100, etc.
- The sum of each 2 best heats by group of 3 are summarized to have a temporaty ranking (exception see 9.)
Final Ranking of the Day
- At the end of the day, all the best counted heats by pilot are summarized to obtain the final total of the day.
- One extra point will be added for the fasted heat in each Open and Starter serie.
- The best score in each Open and Starter serie equal to 100. The 2nd will receive ratio between its final total and the 100, etc …
- We obtain the final ranking of the day (exception see 9.)
Final Ranking of the Season
- The season ranking is the sum of all the points/pilot obtained after each round.
- The 4 worst results of the season are deleted to obtain the final ranking.
- In case of ex aequo, the deleted value is take into account ; the bigger the best ranking.
- Winner in Starter serie must fly in Open serie on the next year.
- Only 3 best Open pilots are qualified for the next World Championship. If one of them can’t go on, the 4th if selected, etc.